• 1 large onion cut into ¼ inch thick slices
• 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 1 cup milk
• 3.4 cup dry bread crumbs
• 1 quart oil for frying
1) Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees.
2) Separate the onion slices into rings and set aside. In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) Dip onion slices into mixture until they are coated and set aside.
4) Whisk egg and milk into flour mixture using a fork. Dip the floured rings into the batter to coat, then place on wire rack until dripping stops.
5) Spread breadcrumbs out on shallow dish and place onion rings on crumbs to coat.
6) Deep fry the rings several at a time until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Place on paper towels to drain. Remove towels, salt, and serve hot.